Early Career Psychiatrists Fellowship Programme, WPA Regional Congress
12-14 December 2014 - Hong Kong
As it is to your knowledge, World Psychiatric Association in collaboration with the Hong Kong College of Psychiatrists is organizing a WPA Regional Congress in Hong Kong, on 12-14 December, 2014, to be held in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Hong Kong. During this congress an “Early Career Psychiatrists Fellowship Program” is organized to support the participation of highly promising early career psychiatrists from across the world.
Early Career Psychiatrists Fellowship Program will include:
- The Congress registration fee of the selected fellows;
- Accommodation expenses of the selected fellows for three nights;
- A special scientific tract on scientific issues relevant to early career psychiatrists;
- Early career psychiatrists selected for this programme are expected to submit an abstract for oral / poster presentation and to be accepted as a nominee for Scientific Research Awards for Oral / Poster Presentations;
- Free access to the Early Career Psychiatrists Lounge for informal get-together, and special socio-cultural events;
- The selected fellows are expected to use local or other sources for their travel expenses.
The selection criteria for the Early Career Psychiatrists Fellowship Program are:
- Being nominated by a WPA Member Society in Zone 15, 16, 17 and 18 where the candidate currently resides.
- No more than 40 years of age or no more than five years elapsed since the completion of residency training;
- Fluency in English proven by relevant documents;
- Superior educational and professional record;
- Documented contribution to the field, such as publications and other innovative activities;
- Plans of any likelihood of future significant contributions to psychiatry and mental health, both nationally and internationally.